Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Improve Your Studying & Grades with Mind maps!

    I was tired of studying 10+ hours for each exam, and only to see test results in  low 70s.  To make things worse, I was terminally bored.  I have always preferred to “do” something, rather than listen or read about it. 

   On my daily jog through Internet-landia, I started searching for better study methods.  I stumbled upon Mind mapping (check out video below).  I started mind mapping everything:  to-do lists, meeting notes, career planning, idea brainstorming, and even songwriting.  After 8 months of mind mapping, my grades have jumped into the mid 80s, and my personal and professional goals seem more tangible & on-track.  Plus, it feels really good to see a 91% on a medical school neurology exam!  For me, this is the only study methods that pays off.  Mind mapping is a fun, fast and easy way to organize your life while improving your grades.    

My 1st year Medical School Mind Maps:

Cancer & Malignancy – MindJet

Homeopathy Case Study – Inspiration 9

Cerebellum Physiology – MindJet

Downloadable Mind mapping software suitable for Students:

Inspiration 9 - Free 30 day trial.  It runs around $70.

MindJet - Free 30 day trial.  Purchase for around $300 – ask for the unadvertised student discount 50% off!

iMind Map - by Tony Buzan - the creator of Mind mapping.  The basic program is free, and includes a 7-day trial of the Professional version (approx $300).

Try mind mapping for 30 days; let me know what your results!             My favorite beginner’s video. 

 

   I would love to answer any questions, or hear comments about mind mapping or mind mapping software.  Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment